Money Forward Group Human Rights Policy
For Money Forward, Inc. and its Group companies (the “Money Forward Group”), the Money Forward Group promises “Fairness” as one of its Values, and pledges to be fair and open to all stakeholders including our users, officers and employees, shareholders, and society as a whole. In addition, “Respect,” positioned as one aspect of Culture at the heart of every Money Forward Group member, entails thanks, respect, and being honest, and is something we are always conscious of when conducting business activities.
Based on these views, the Money Forward Group has established the “Money Forward Group Human Rights Policy” (the “Policy”) as policy to promote initiatives of respecting human rights. The contents of the Policy have been approved by the Board of Directors.
- 1. Compliance with International Standards and Applicable Laws and Regulations
- The Money Forward Group, together with supporting and respecting international standards concerning human rights such as the “International Bill of Human Rights (including the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights”),” “ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work,” “Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights,” and the “Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact,” promotes initiatives of respecting human rights by formulating the Policy in accordance with the United Nations’ “Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.”
Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations that apply to each country and region that business activities are conducted, and in cases where there is a discrepancy between internationally recognized human rights and the laws and regulations of a country or region, we will pursue a way forward that respects international human rights principles.
- 2. Taking Diversity into Consideration
- The Money Forward Group respects every person as an individual, and regardless of political belief, ideology, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical characteristics, state of illness, age, nationality, race, ethnicity, etc., will not tolerate discrimination and unfavorable treatment, and promotes creating an environment that accepts diverse perspectives by providing fair opportunities such as hiring, evaluation, development, appointment, salary, promotion, and title assignment.
- 3. Prohibition of Discrimination and Harassment
- The Money Forward Group conducts business operations that take regional and cultural differences and diversity into consideration, and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, where one is from, state of illness, presence or absence of a disability, etc., and continuously conducts prevention initiatives by having officers and employees participate in training on a regular basis, etc.
- 4. Prohibition of Forced Labor and Child Labor
- The Money Forward Group will not engage in forced labor or labor against one’s will under any circumstance and will not engage in child labor.
- 5. Working Hours and Wages Management
- The Money Forward Group will strive to prevent overwork and provide a suitable number of days off by complying with all laws and regulations regarding labor that apply in countries where business activities are conducted, together with paying appropriate wages that exceed the minimum wage.
- 6. Respect for the Rights for the Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- The Money Forward Group will respect rights to form labor unions for relations between labor and management and rights for collective bargaining. The Money Forward Group will negotiate in good faith through constructive dialog with the representative.
- 7. Safety and Health
- The Money Forward Group, taking employees’ mental and physical health into consideration, will work on improvement by striving to ensure a safe and healthy work environment together with appropriately responding to health risks by complying with laws and regulations and provisions.
- 8. Taking Freedom of Expression and Privacy into Consideration
- The Money Forward Group will respect the freedom of expression and privacy of telecommunications and communication, etc., on the Internet, and will pay the utmost attention so that violations do not occur.
- 9. Information Management
- 10. Education and Training
- The Money Forward Group will continuously have officers and employees participate in education and training necessary to implement the Policy.
- 11. Structures for Respecting Human Rights
- (1) Establishment of an Internal Reporting Hotline
The Money Forward Group has an internal reporting hotline (“the Hotline”).
The Money Forward Group has established the Hotline (“the Hotline”) to receive consultations and reports concerning human rights. In the event that a consultation or report is made to the Hotline, the summary will be reported to the Compliance and Risk Management Committee and the Board of Directors. For violations of laws and regulations and internal rules including the Policy, appropriate responses such as correcting the violation, disciplinary actions against the violator, and introducing preventative measures will be taken. Furthermore, ensuring the anonymity of the whistleblower and prohibition of unfavorable treatment of the whistleblower have been set in the internal rules.
- (2) Human Rights Due Diligence
The Money Forward Group, evaluating the impact of business activities on human rights, will strive to continuously promote the initiatives below in order to appropriately respond with fair and impartial relief measures in the event adverse impacts to human rights through business activities of the Money Forward Group are to occur.
1) Identify and evaluate adverse impacts to human rights
2) Prevent and lessen adverse impacts to human rights
3) Monitor the effectiveness of responses
4) Disclose information
- (3) Dialog and Discussions with Stakeholders
The Money Forward Group, in regard to impacts the Money Forward Group have on human rights, will strive to improve and enhance initiatives of human rights in order to understand the viewpoints of those who are impacted and to respond by engaging in dialog with relevant stakeholders.
- (1) Establishment of an Internal Reporting Hotline
Established April 14, 2023
This Policy is supervised by the Legal Affairs and Compliance Department and Human Resources Department and the Money Forward Group will strive to actively promote human rights development activities by working to spread the Policy to all officers and employees as well as stakeholders and business partners in order to realize our commitment to human rights in our business activities.
We request your understanding and promotion of the intent and contents of the Policy.